Friday 20 February 2015

Hospitality (1): Restaurant & Motel @ Hanmer Springs!

21.2.2015


Hi everybody! It is the time to update my blog again. I stay in Hanmer Springs now and I am leaving here very soon, going back to Timaru again for my next job: the carrot juice factory (JPNZ).

Hanmers Springs was a new chapter of my hospitality job life. I came here for a waitress job in Whatever! Restaurant & Bar. It was my first time to be a waitress, a pretty great experience to learn how the people operate and manage their restaurant. Besides, i have learned more about food and drinks, and how people enjoy it.

This is Steve and Jill. They are the owners of the restaurant. Very generous and friendly people, i learned a lot of things from them. 

The tips from the customers! Hahahah.. I reveived it on the chinese new year eve, treat it as the 'angpow' of the year. 

The free treat everytime after work. I got the chance to taste different wine and beer here.

I happened to visit Steve's and Jill's house one day. It is comfy and nicely equipped, i love the house very much! There is a big farm with horses, cows, sheeps, chickens; a garden where Jill plants her flowers; and she is also home 2 beautiful dogs and 2 cats. 
The kitchen.
Living room.
The garden.
Jill's Golden Retriever. 
Bonnie. The West Highland Terrier.

At the same time I worked with Steve and Jill, I was also work for accomodation at a Motel - Larchwood Motel, which operated by a Chinese family. I did cleaning and servicing the room every morning for customers who come and stay for night.

I cleaned the room (a studio) and made the bed. 

Steamboat! The reunion dinner on the chinese new year eve. This was how i spent my chinese new year in New Zealand. (p/s: pardon my big face.. :x)

I when for tracking with Lisa and Vincent at the conical hill. Do tracking in the forest is undenieably nice and relaxing. 

The view on top of the Conical hill.

Thin and tall trees stand in the small town. This create a very nice environment in Hanmer Springs.

I done my first squad bikes experience in Hanmer Springs too. It costed me about NZD120.. was little pricy. 


Wefie with our guard, James.

Nice memories with them in Hanmer Springs! 





***** The Food of The Place *****

1. No. 31 Restaurant
The restaurant is 5 stars rated. I tried its lamb, it was really tasty. A big enjoyment!
•Rating: 5/5

2. The Malabar
It is an asian-western food style restaurant. I was dining there one time, ordered the pork. The dish was nice but was not filling. 
•Rating: 4/5




• The Quality of Life •

No comments:

Post a Comment